> Florida Pediatric Psychiatry Hotline
Florida Pediatric Psychiatry Hotline
Florida Pediatric Psychiatry Hotline - 1-866-487-9507
No Registration Required
The Florida Pediatric Psychiatry Hotline provides timely telephonic psychiatric and clinical guidance to primary care clinicians treating children with behavioral health conditions. The hotline enables primary care clinicians to get assistance for any child under their care and is highly rated by those using the service.
The Florida Pediatric Psychiatry Hotline is operated by the University of South Florida Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and the Rothman Center for Neuropsychiatry in St. Petersburg, Florida. Tanya Murphy, MD., Maurice A. and Thelma P. Rothman Chair of Developmental Pediatrics and Professor in the Departments of Pediatrics and Psychiatry, and a team of certified child psychiatrists from the University of South Florida oversee the hotline and provide many of the consultations.
The goals of the program are to:
- Provide consultation about psychotherapeutic medications for children with behavioral health conditions.
- Facilitate a referral to a child psychiatrist or psychiatric ARNP when possible.
- Promote a collaborative relationship between primary care clinicians and child psychiatrists
About the service:
- The hotline is free and related to consultation about medication management.
- Calls will be answered on non-holiday weekdays between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm.
- Most calls will be scheduled with a child psychiatrist within 1 to 4 hours.
- Telephone consultations are limited to 20 minutes per call.
- Only information relevant to medication management will be discussed. No patient names or other unique identifying information needs to be provided.
For the highest-quality video, please view videos in the latest browser available.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact